June Ambrose hosted a Teen Turn Up for her daughter – Summer Chamblin’s 13th Birthday. The theme was a fashionista editorial photo shoot party with clothing collection by Sean John, a full lifestyle brand owned by music mogul Sean Combs. Black Tap, the restaurant brainchild of Michelin Star awarded Chef Joe Isidori, provided catering. Tasty drinks were provided by Honest Tea and Aqua Hydrate.
Other activations included:
- Converse: We inspire, we empower, we win Sneaker embellishment with Swarovski crystals and teen empowerment messages. One winner was selected as a young citizen who knows the power of their voice! They will be acknowledged on the Global Citizens platform.
- Glam Squad: Provided by Dee TrannyBear and Deja Smith. Girls were splashed with playful, colorful hair and makeup before the shoot.
- Flower Crowns: Girls were adorned with flower crowns by La Vie en Rose by Marjeth Cummings
- Jewelry Bar by Tuleste: Provided the final touches before the shoot with colorful pom pom jewelry by Tuleste.
- Fashion Photo Shoot: Photo Session with Fashion Photographer James Anthony.
- Photo Booth: Guest enjoyed taking customized selfies with the Halo Cam photo booth.
- Carnival Games: Connect Four, Life-sized Jenga, Basketball and Air Hockey, and Inflatables created a colorful fun atmosphere for the kids enjoy.
Guest appearances were made by celebrities via video: DJ Khalid, Puffy, Alicia Keys, Kevin Heart, Swizz Beats. Wire Image photographer Johnny Nunez was on hand to capture the event. DJ Alden provided music for the evening.
Every guest received Summer’s Must Haves – a gift bag filled with items hand selected by June and Summer as essential items for Summer 2017. Brands included Sean John, Converse, Swarovski, Coach, Apple Music Gift Card, Sunstaches, Kipling, CO Bigelow, Tuleste Jewelry, Sprayground, Victoria’s Secret, Just water, Supergoop, L’Oreal Makeup, Shea Moisture Hair and Lip Products, Love Handles, Happy Socks, and My Other Bag.